Fantastic blogger Celine Jeanjean recently nominated me for the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award. This award recognizes people who support other bloggers by being active readers who make thoughtful comments. Thanks so much, Celine! I feel very honoured to be receiving this award.
One of the things I love the most about blogging is connecting with other bloggers and having great conversations. If I read someone else’s post and I have enjoyed it, I try to comment. It’s hard to find the time to read everyone’s posts and even harder to spend a lot of time on commenting, but it’s been so rewarding for me. It’s allowed me to meet new friends and develop new ideas. And I hope it’s helped other bloggers to feel that they are not alone in this writing universe.
If it weren’t for my readers, there would be no purpose for my writing. So thank you to everyone who has ever read, liked, or commented on my posts.
I’ve posted the full rules for this award at the bottom, which I am following in spirit. I’d like to nominate the following readers for the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award:
Lori MacLaughlin, who regularly posts thoughtful and encouraging comments not just to my blog but to many other blogs that I follow. Lori is a class act who completely fits the “team member” focus of this award. Thank you, Lori, for continuously making my day by chatting with me about my posts.
Shelley Sackier, who faithfully reads every single one of my posts and writes wonderfully positive and detailed comments. Shelley, if there were more readers like you, everyone would want to blog every day just to receive those comments. Thank you, Shelley, for always making me laugh.
Melissa Janda, whose supportive and thoughtful comments during my starting months and beyond made me believe that I really can write a blog worth reading. Thank you, Melissa, for encouraging me when I needed it most.
Sonia Lal, who has given me such positive feedback on my posts and has made me realize that yes, other people do get my sense of humour. Thank you, Sonia, for taking the time to let me know that you enjoyed my posts.
Thank you to Celine Jeanjean, who truly deserved this award. I am happy you were nominated for it.
And special thanks to Nicole, Jaso, and TL, who do not have blogs but have supported my blogging by chiming in with their positive comments. I am grateful to all of you.
A great reader is someone who collaborates with the writer to build something even better. Thank you, readers, for helping me on my way.
Here are the original rules for accepting this award:
- The Nominee of the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award shall display the logo on his/her post/page and/or sidebar.
- The Nominee shall nominate 14 readers they appreciate over a period of 7 days (1 week) – this can be done at any rate during the week. It can be ALL on one day or a few on one day and a few on another day, etc.
- The Nominee shall name his or her Wonderful Team Member Readership Award nominees on a post or on posts during the 7 day (1 week) period.
- The Nominee shall make these rules, or amended rules keeping to the spirit of the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award, known to each reader s/he nominates.
- The Nominee must finish this sentence and post: “A great reader is…”