Thank you to Lori MacLaughlin, who nominated me a while ago for the Versatile Blogger Award. I am honoured to receive this blogging award. (And I am glad that I finally have the time to sit down and write about it!)
Lori writes about her self-publishing journey on her excellent blog Writing, Reading, and the Pursuit of Dreams.
For those who are not familiar with the Versatile Blogger Award, you can find the rules here. To accept this award, I need to list 7 random facts about myself and nominate 15 blogs that I feel are versatile (with an emphasis on blogs that I have recently followed).
Here are 7 random facts about me:
1) I hate coffee. No, really.
2) I started wearing glasses when I was ten years old.
3) I watch Love Actually every year around Christmas time, and I’m still not tired of it.
4) I can lift my left eyebrow without moving my right one. (A good skill to have when you need to look skeptical about something.)
5) I prefer sweet foods over salty foods. Hands down. So if you want to bribe me, do it with a brownie and not potato chips. Just sayin’.
6) I’m addicted to my Fitbit. Best fitness tool ever.
7) In one of my high school plays, a Greek tragedy called The Bacchae, I played the role of a wild woman who rips up animals with her bare hands in a crazy rage. Talk about playing against type. Seriously, I’m a nice person. I promise!
It’s tough to pick 15 blogs from the many excellent blogs that I follow. Here’s my short list. Some I have read for a while, while others are new to me but have intriguing and creative voices. I’m looking forward to seeing where they will go.
Eric John Baker – Eric tells it like it is, and helps us to get through it. He has a fantastic sense of humour.
Everwalker – Everwalker provides thoughtful and well-researched posts about the writing process.
Often Clueless, Always Shoeless – Olivia shares her personal observations about life and writing.
Suffolk Scribblings – Dylan gives excellent writing tips and also writes great indie book reviews.
The Write Transition – Carrie writes hilarious observations about life along with informative posts about writing and books.
Creative and Unusual Blogs
Albert’s New York – Albert the dog chronicles his experiences with his People in New York. Albert is super talented. You’ll love this even if you are not a dog person.
Bradscribe – Brad provides well-researched and creative commentary on sci-fi pop culture.
Here, in This Country – Chronicles the experiences of a Norwegian woman living in the United States.
Petros Jordan – Petros features different types of cool and unusual maps.
Planetary Defense Command – Our Planetary Defense Commander gives us creative ideas for story settings along with wonderful book reviews.
Here are some life-focused blogs that I started following when I participated in WordPress Writing 201 last December. (There are many more – I wish I could have included them all!) These bloggers write about a variety of topics, so I think they have proved their versatility. I’ll let their blogs speak for themselves:
The Confused Young Adult
Eclectic Odds n Sods
Life In Between
Randoms by a Random
Thanks again to Lori. I’ll do my best to live up to this award! And thanks as always to my readers, for supporting me on my blogging journey.
All the best,